Acceptance of Terms Through Use
While using NASS sundials.org, (referred to as the "Site"), you agree to have read and accepted all the information on this page. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS. NASS may revise these terms from time to time. If you continue to use our Site after we post changes to these terms, it will mean that you accept such changes.
This Site is created and maintained by the North American Sundial Society (NASS). NASS maintains this Site for your personal, educational, non-commercial purposes. NASS reserves the copyright to this publication and, except where otherwise noted, all pages, photographs, text, and graphics, including the NASS logo (collectively called “Content”) on this web site are the property of NASS.
Nonexclusive rights to republish individual articles are granted to the authors of the articles and to any not-for-profit organization dedicated to the study of sundials and science education, provided the republication includes a full bibliographic reference to its original NASS publication and a notice of the North American Sundial Society's copyright. This right to republish does not extend to material for which NASS is not the copyright holder.
Contributors who submit material already subject to copyright are responsible for appropriate identification of such copyright and for obtaining permission to publish.
Links posted by NASS sundials.org
The NASS Site contains links to other sites. NASS is not responsible for any content that appears on these linked sites.
NASS Sundial Registry
This Site may include forms for registering sundials of North America. In using this interactive service, you agree that you will not post, transmit, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- Is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or tortious, contains content of a sexual nature, or uses vulgar language;
- Victimizes, harasses, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Infringes on the intellectual property or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email, spam mail, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt or damage any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to obtain unauthorized access to any third party data or other information.
NASS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any content that, in NASS's judgment, does not comply with the foregoing rules, or is otherwise objectionable, inappropriate, or inaccurate. NASS is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
Purchases by Minors
By ordering a product (books, article reprints, The Compendium, etc.) online from NASS, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If a child under the age of 18 has ordered a product from NASS without parental permission, the parent or guardian may return the product in accordance with the refund policy.
You shall be responsible for the payment of all sales, use, and other similar taxes relating to any online purchase of any product from NASS.
The NASS Site is provided without warranty of any kind. There are no guarantees that use of the site will not be subject to interruptions. NASS makes every endeavor to provide a virus free environment, but all direct or indirect risk related to use of the Site is borne entirely by the user. All Content provided by NASS is provided without warranties to performance, fitness, merchantability, and/or any other warranty (whether expressed or implied).