What information do we collect?
NASS collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in a subsequent section:
- Your name, address and email contact address, and when appropriate, telephone number
- Registration and participation information for attendees of the NASS annual conference
How do we use your information?
NASS uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- Subscription transactions for you to receive the NASS journal The Compendium. This includes providing your name, address, and if necessary, your telephone number to The Compendium printer and shipper.
- Contact information provided by you to report new/existing sundials for the NASS Sundial Registry.
- Registration and participation information for the NASS annual conference or special events.
- Authors making Email exchanges with the NASS editor for article publication in the NASS journal, The Compendium.
Processing Transactions: NASS uses PayPal for electronic transfer of funds and does not nor is able to collect financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, and CSC number. NASS does record name and amount tendered. Those paying for subscription by check are deposited in NASS bank accounts. NASS retains name, address, amount, and email address if provided.
Registration of Sundials: NASS may contact you to get more information about your reported sundial. This is to ensure the quality of sundial information provided to the public on the NASS website sundial registry of dials in North America.
Participation in the NASS annual conference: Occasionally NASS will use your address to determine your approximate latitude for conference favors. It is normal for participants to register their conference dinner preferences.
Authoring of Compendium Articles: If you choose to submit an article for publication in The Compendium the NASS Editor exchange email with you and through email, may provide you a galley proof of the article. Author's name and contact information is published with The Compendium article.
What Information do we Retain?
Record Retention: NASS maintains a policy on Document Retention available on the NASS website at: https://sundials.org/home/nass-policies/142-policy-on-document-retention.html
What are my Protections?
To protect NASS content and services: We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and to screen content to prevent abuse, such as spam. These efforts may, on occasion, result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
Personal data about minors and children: NASS does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
|Policy Reviewed On||Reviewed By|
|August 14, 2021||NASS Board|